Upgrading your Thuraya satellite phone or IP is easy. Use the links below to access the most recent firmware upgrade files, drivers, installation manuals and important technical bulletins.
Requirements for upgrade:
- Thuraya XT-LITE
- XT-LITE upgrader program (available from this page)
- USB data cable (included in your XT-LITE packaging)
- PC with Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 or Windows Vista
Before upgrading an XT-LITE, please check which firmware is installed (go to Menu > Security > S/W version). Perform the upgrade only if Thuraya releases a firmware version newer than your existing one.
Please follow the below steps:
Download the below XT-LITE Upgrader program.
Run the setup file - the Upgrader program including the USB driver will be installed.
Download the latest Thuraya XT-LITE firmware release to your hard disk.
- Multi-language firmware v1.2 (This is an optional upgrade)
Release notes for Multi-language v1.2:
- Fixed an issue where Geo reporting function was not configurable in languages other than English
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Connect your XT-LITE with the PC/laptop via USB data cable.
You can now start the XT-LITE Upgrader program and locate the firmware on your hard disk. The Upgrader program will help you through the upgrade process.