(a) Marketing Plan Preparation and Implementation
- Contribute to preparation of Marketing Plan and Marketing Program for Asia – identifies the size of the market opportunities and strategy how to best explore them (sales strategy, requirements for products, marketing communication and market analysis).
- Prepares briefs and reports about the characteristics of the allotted countries to assist in preparing an appropriate strategy for marketing the telecommunications services provided by the Company.
- Taps all possible sources to obtain as much relevant information as possible about the assigned segments/countries.
- Assist in the implementation of the Marketing Plan; realizing the monthly sales and profit objectives; and, conducting the affairs of the department in a fashion conducive to achieving its sales goals.
- Coordinate with SPs (if necessary) and Marketing Communication & Branding department for promotional activities (national/ segment specific campaigns): Own and measure results (with the help of Market Analysis and advertisement agencies).
- Displays detailed understanding of Thuraya products and services, processes and capabilities in order to adequately represent the company to new and existing customers.
- Defines and implements sales campaign targeted to increase revenues and profit of Thuraya.
- Participates in applicable exhibitions / trade shows and conferences as necessary.
(b) Identification, Management and Support of Service Providers
- Assist in analyzing merits and demerits of various parties (regional telecom Service Providers) who could be potential partners with Thuraya, studies their business performances, financial stability, their objectives and associated pros and cons so as to help in decision making.
- Prepare all relevant details, clauses and terms and conditions of the agreement under the guidance of the immediate supervisor, once the Service Provider has been identified for partnership.
- Assist the appointed Service Provider in development and implementing sales and Marketing Plans and assuring that the Service Provider is aggressively seeking new customers and markets; achieving its full sales potential; and, fulfilling its obligations under the terms of its Service Provider Agreement for superior representation and total customer satisfaction.
- Act as a primary marketing focal point between Thuraya and the Service Provider and ensures that both Thuraya and the Service Provider are taking full advantage of all marketing opportunities.
- Implement the Service Provider’s policies and processes for prospect management and customer follow-up to assure that all potential customers are handled in a manner conducive to maximizing the SP’s goals for sales penetration, profitability, and customer loyalty.
- Participate in Service Providers management reviews of operations and results achieved.
(c) Identification of Market Opportunities, Support of Product and Service Development
- Assess commercial opportunities and prepare business case for management review. Presents such opportunities to management for consideration and for enhanced product/accessories or process and eventually decision-making.
- Identify market opportunities for new or changes in existing products and services and assists Product Managers in definition of product features, target segments, appropriate prices and ways of distribution.
(d) Company Policies, Self-Development
- Assure that the sales pursuit is conducted in manner conducive to good and acceptable behavior within the country of operation, and operate within the laws and regulations of all local jurisdictions in the country of operation within the coverage area.
- Together with supervisor identifies own development needs and participate in appropriate training and educational sessions in order to increase own capabilities and work efficiency.