Management and owning of Product Roadmap
- Monitor and own the “product roadmap” of M2M product line
- Sign up partners / manufacturers for the development of new products and accessories for M2M market.
- Lead the development and commercial introduction of various products for the M2M market, including signing up partners, product specifications, development, beta trials, Go-to-Market plan, launch and post launch activities.
Management of Product Lifecycle
- Monitor “commercial performance” of M2M products in accordance with Thuraya’s targets and indicate variations from the business plan.
- Monitor “quality of service” of existing M2M products from SP’s and customer’s perspective e.g. customer care, IT, network operations and external partners.
- Monitor the “effectiveness and efficiency” of M2M products business processes throughout Thuraya and its interfaces to external partners.
- Monitor “competitive advantage” of existing M2M products e.g. conduct regular test samples on competitor’s products, track competitor’s media activity, etc.
- Deduce and recommend innovations, enhancements, corrective actions (in terms of both prevention and troubleshooting) or exit measures throughout the M2M products business processes within Thuraya and external partners.
- Develop jointly with other departments’ suggestions for promotions, communication measures to improve performance of M2M products.
- Promote and monitor approved corrective actions (in terms of both prevention and troubleshooting) or exit measures to be taken at operational level.
- Provide support to project managers of product innovations and enhancements during technical and commercial implementation to ensure a proper and timely launch.
Information Collection Tasks
- Require necessary reports on the commercial performance of M2M products in terms of KPI’s from Data Warehouse, Billing, Finance, Market Analysis or other information processing departments.
- Require necessary reports or information of on functional performance and “quality of service” of existing M2M products (e.g. customer care and helpdesk, SP reports, call completion reports, outage reports).
- Communicate regularly with marketing sales department on performance of M2M products in the market.
- Accompany marketing sales department on visits to SP or customer premises on a case-by-case basis.
- Communicate regularly with other product managers with regards to e.g. potential synergies, bundling offers, joint promotions.
- Require market research (primary and secondary research on customers and competitors) to get insight into the performance of existing M2M products on a case by case basis.
Information Delivery Tasks
- Report weekly to the Head of Product Management on KPI’s.
- Report weekly to the Head of Product Management on the progression of corrective actions and product enhancement projects.
- Develop concepts (including business plan) and presentations, serving as decision support for M2M products enhancement alternatives at different levels of Thuraya’s management.
- Develop and adapt M2M products descriptions for the briefing to Marketing Communications, Marketing, Distribution, Finance, Legal, to commercially support the running and launch of the new “Product” or respective enhancements.
Participation and Supporting Tasks
- Participate in the budgetary forecast planning of M2M products in the department.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and enhancement of the reporting system on all necessary internal data to fulfill own monitoring responsibilities.
- Participate in the development and conduction of market research on various items to fulfill own monitoring responsibility.
- Participate in the training of relevant staff with regards to M2M products enhancements and its impact on processes.
- Ability to perform as Project Manager for a particular evaluation, planning and/or implementation project.