We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice explains how we process your personal data.
This notice may change from time to time. We will advise you of material changes, but you are advised to review this notice periodically. A copy of this notice can be found at: https://www.thuraya.com/privacy-policy
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via the method set out in the “contact us” section of this notice below.
2. What personal data do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
In general, you can visit and browse our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself.
We may collect and generate personal data about you in accordance with this notice. This personal data includes:
- When you visit our websites or fill in forms on our website or elsewhere, including at [https://www.thuraya.com/contact-us]:
- personal details you provide by filling in forms on our website or elsewhere, including your name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, postal and billing address, data of birth and location details.
- When you contact us or we contact you or you purchase our products:
- information that you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our products (for example, your name, date of birth, contact details and transaction information relating to any purchase of our products), including by phone, email, post, through social media or via a service partner or distributor of our products
- Other sources of personal data
- We may also receive information about you from:
- third party marketing agencies employed by us;
- our service partners; and
- our appointed distributors.
- We may also receive information about you from:
We may combine information we have about you from various sources, including the data that you have provided to us.
3. How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to prepare invoices, and process and keep records of payments you make in relation to Thuraya products and services;
- to provide customer services including the assessment and resolution of any complaints or enquiries made to us, including information on technical service issues and security announcements, billing reminders and welcome letters (and if you have contacted us and request a response, we may share your personal information with Thuraya service partners or distributors to enable an adequate response is given to your enquiry);
- billing reminders & welcome lettersested on Contact Us tab
- to protect and support our business, personnel and customers; and
- for compliance, to comply with legal, regulatory and other requirements.
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, we will not use or disclose your personal information to anyone outside of Thuraya without your consent or where the identifying information can be removed.
4. On what basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
- in order to fulfill a contract we have with you relating to our products and services;
- for the legitimate interests of the Thuraya Group, being the purposes set out in the “How do we use your personal data?” section above; and
- to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations of the Thuraya Group.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share certain of your personal data with:
- our authorised service partners & distributors; and
- marketing agencies that provide services to the Thuraya Group.
We may also need to make your personal data available to other parties, such as:
- legal and regulatory authorities;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; and
- companies that provide products and services to Thuraya Group (such as IT systems, service and software suppliers and other third parties engaged to assist Thuraya Group in carrying out business activities).
6. Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be processed by Thuraya and its affiliated companies (together referred to as the “Thuraya Group”) and those other parties described above, which may involve your personal data being transferred outside the European Economic Area. Where the European Commission has not issued an adequacy decision in relation to the jurisdiction where your personal data is processed, and you are an EU data subject, we will ensure that there are adequate mechanisms in place to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy law. We will do this through use of data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
7. How long will we keep your personal data?
We will always keep your personal data for any applicable period required by law. We will also keep your personal data where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving a member of the Thuraya Group. Otherwise, we will only keep your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above and in any event for no more than 5 years thereafter.
8. Your rights
You may be entitled to:
- request the correction of your personal data;
- request the deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where your personal data is no longer required for the purposes set out in the “How do we use your personal data?” section above;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- object to the processing of your personal data (in which case, we will no longer process your personal data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for doing so or where it is necessary in relation to a legal claim);
- ask Thuraya about the processing of your personal data and to be provided with a copy of your personal data; and
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal data that you have provided to Thuraya.
If you would like more information about your rights, to exercise these rights, or if you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact us via the method set out in the “Contact us” section of this notice below. If you choose to exercise your rights, we will respond in accordance with, and to the extent required by, our legal obligations.
If you believe that we have illegally processed your personal data, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data, you can present a claim to your local supervisory authority.
Where you are given the option to share your personal data with us, you can always choose not to do so. If you object to the processing of your personal data, Thuraya will respect that choice in accordance with its legal obligations. This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described above.
9. Contact us
10. Data controller
Thuraya is the controller of your personal data.
© 2020 Thuraya Telecommunications Company PJSC